If you are looking for advice on your workers compensation obligations and rights, then our aim is to provide practical and cost effective outcomes for employers, their claims managers and insurers, in dealing with workplace injuries.
KJK Legal provides legal services in relation to:
- the rights and obligations of compensating authorities including claims managers and self insurers, employers and workers under workers compensation legislation
- issues relating to an employer’s ability to challenge the extent of its liability to pay levies under legislation
- recovery from third parties of compensation paid or payable to an injured worker under legislation
- the defence of common law claims against employers in relation to employees’ injuries arising out of or in the course of their employment
- claims under dust diseases legislation
- representation in all courts and tribunals that have jurisdiction over the matters described above
- claims against employers by workers with unresolved workers compensation claims alleging breach by the employer of some law other than the workers compensation legislation, e.g. claims of unfair dismissal or unlawful discrimination
- applications for self insurance by registered employers
- dealing with statutory authorities on behalf of self insurers over compliance and registration matters
- the provision of Precedents such as standard form documentation and letters for use by claims managers. Contact us for access permission.